Ambient Dairy Path to Purchase
- Business Need: Extend the brand to become a health and wellness leader in a new-to-the-brand, dairy-centric beverage.
- Research Objective: Understand consumers’ motivations and barriers around shopping three beverage categories.
- Research approach: Doyle provided moderators for multiple markets simultaneously to expedite protocept development behind the scenes for a faster launch.
- Brand landscape: Focus groups, including a product sort, helped identify beverage categories with the strongest opportunities for a health and wellness story.
- Consumer perceptions and brand landscape: In-home interviews enabled depth discussions about rituals, perceptions, and ingredients associated with health and wellness.
- Actual shopping behaviors: Shopalongs and mobile video diaries surfaced barriers to existing products, provided packaging and pricing input, and identified benefit/communication assurances needed for a credible dairy entry.
- Results: Findings fueled the development of an optimal positioning for this new product, identified compelling product benefits and attributes, as well as new-to-the-brand packaging considerations.