Method Description: Immersion is a series of activities that, put together, tell the deeper story of participants’ attitudes, motivations, and behaviors, usually over time in real life settings.
- Investigate a category – including deprivation/inundation
- Deep-dive a part of a day – what’s weekday breakfast all about
- Examine an experience – how women shop for furniture (sources of inspiration thru delivery/set-up)
- Explore a process – how one selects a college
- Understand a segment – the world of a marathoner (video diaries that journal everything from meals to meditations to training to race day)
The Doyle Difference
When it comes to Immersion, our study design rocks. Doyle was one of the earliest entrants to online ethnography, and has mastered the art and science of the right method mix for an optimal research design. Studies can involve on-site observation, shopalongs, mobile diaries, online photo journals, and/or in-depth interviews. We have thoroughly evaluated and vetted various platforms, and have the moderator chops that encourage participants to go deep, providing tremendous insights about consumer behavior.