Automotive Market Research
Baby Can You Drive My Car?
Want to understand automotive? Put Doyle Research in the driver’s seat. With extensive automotive experience, plus a deep understanding of the customer journey in a variety of categories and contexts, we have the industry know-how and strategic smarts needed to get the job done.
Doyle Research has conducted cutting-edge qualitative research to enhance automotive design, explore decision-making, optimize messaging and understand the vehicle dealership experience. We’ve talked to dealers, vehicle owners, new car buyers in all stages of the consideration journey, lessees; parents, seniors, and new drivers. We have interviewed people in-vehicle, on-site, at the dealership, in-home, and online.
Following are sample projects:
- A multi-modal deep dive of in-home ethnographies, dealership shopalongs, online webcam interviews and geo-located dealership intercepts to understand and enhance the process of buying a car.
- Qualitative deep dives for trucks, SUV/CUV’s, Minivans, Small-Midsize vehicles
- New product development—from idea generation through concept evaluation
- In-home, in-vehicle and rest stop intercepts for storage solutions
- NAIAS trend research
- Day-in-the-Life profiles of various consumer segments
- Understanding mobile device usage in the auto consideration and purchase journey
- Messaging testing among dealership internet salespeople.
Our clients have included Johnson Controls (for a broad range of OEMs), cars.com, and DrivingSales.
Case Study: Kicking the Tires. Presented at the North American IIeX Conference, June 2015
Article: Baby You Can Drive My Car. MRA Alert Magazine, December 2015
How Can We Help?